Tuesday, September 23, 2008

-Nervous Not-

Just had my math pedagogical presentation this morning.
As I'm quite a prefectionist @ work, I will normally spend alot of time on the thinking process.
The problem doesnt lie with preparation or research on the topic.
The stress is more on the relevance and how we do it.
I planned to every detail. I planned extra-activities. I planned by flow. I planned my talk.
Although I only started everything last night, I did put in my fullest effort.
The higher the expectation that I set for myself, the more I will feel nervous over it.

Great to have a bunch of nice coursemates that 'Jia-you-ed' for me before I start my 15 mins of "teaching". It helped, definitely.

The most common feedback i've gotten :
very confident


Confident? Really? Maybe. (with the nervous element hiding within.)

Conclusion: Once we've everything ready and think that we had tried to our very best, dont be nervous. Just do what you need to do. Dont show others what we cant do.

Anyway, there are always people out there to help you

Eh..

or at least, not to kill you.

No comments: