It is always good to do a little reflection of what we've gone through the entire year. Have we achieve what we have set out to achieve at the beginning of the year? Have we learn to strive towards our goals? How far are we away and how we should plan our following year?
To do that, i shall quote and look back.
QUOTE from 2010 post.
As usual my new year resolution is ... TO BE A BETTER PERSON.
NOW: I think i am a better person as compared to 2009.
>I think as i worked longer, my expenditure becomes higher. I need to watch out my finances carefully.
NOW: I did not manage to do that, my expenditure gets higher and higher each month and i think this year i did not do a good job in clearing my bills on time. For more than 1 occasion i dragged the payment.
>I need to fall in love with Science because i will need to be a master in that area, esp P5 Science. I know, i can do it because i am stubborn.
NOW: I'd say i have a little success here because at least now i am familiar with the content and style and can teach p5 Science. Well, its just that i'm still not a Science wannabe, i'll prefer not to do Science...
>Health status. I've done well in 2009. After getting myself finally to watch my diet and to move my butt, i shall aim higher.
NOW: This is a BIG failure. I stopped all swimming sessions and i did not really watch my diet.
>Brush up my photography skills. I'm really falling in love with this hobby but taking good photographs requires some technical understanding, i shall strive to master something, at least so as to progress with something.
NOW: Not much improvement in terms of skills but i'm able to share some thoughts and angles on photography. Didnt really go on many photography trips this year. Hmmmmm too busy?
>Know new, interesting and enlightening friends. As people grew older, we make lesser friends. I want to break that.
NOW: Perhaps i did but they're new colleagues, not really someone outside my normal circle.
>Travel is a must and it has to be enriching.
NOW: Did travel but dont find it enriching or satisfying.
>Try not to be OVERLY emotional. Little things will easily affect me. This is no good. My heart is too soft towards young and old.
NOW: I am still very emotional. Well, i guess its really part of me that is not easy to learn how to detach.
>Be there. A good family member,a good friend, a good colleague and a good teacher.
NOW: I failed ... i failed to be there for all that i care for. I think i am there, more for a good teacher but not other areas...
>Always be contented and not to compare because we cant find total fairness, neither can we find 2 identical person, not even clones.
NOW: I am contented and i seldom grumble.
>Contribute to the community. Sounds big but every small things that we do, even if we dont see the immediate impact, it can serve the community well.
NOW: Big dream... and let it continue to be.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary of my 2010
A fulfilling year and it all comes from work which is so ironic.
I learnt many things-
from building trust and relationships
to daily life lessons,
to being contented and satisfied,
to being able to love.
Love my work.
Love my colleagues,
Love my pupils.
To love is to give.
Give time,
Give space,
Give presence.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Looking forward to 2011.
To be a better person.
My focus for 2011 is clear.
I have only 1 aim in mind - PSLE.
No comments:
Post a Comment