Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I miss people calling me Jinyu.

When i was much younger, i had always been wondering why my name wasnt a typical nice and girlish name. I was not happy with what i was given at birth. Even after knowing how good this name complements my life, i was still not happy with it. Well, i would think that it might be due to the varied wrong pronounciation(s) I had encounter, started when i was as young as 3-4 years old(thats when we attended sch), till now. To stop all the distorting of my name and having to remind people of my name, i've been using my yet another i-am-not-happy-with English name, Gina for the past 1 year. So much so that i'm really started to miss people calling me Jinyu.

Now then, could i understand why huimin wanted us to call her by huimin rather than magdelaine. There is really a difference. Perhaps all along my close friends have been calling me Jinyu that made me feel that calling me Jinyu gives me a more qing qie feeling.

锦瑜 , i am starting to love my chinese characters. I think they looked good and sounded good too.

No comments: