Do a quick recalling on my 2009 resolutions and to track my progress. I thought it is good to have a closure so as to welcome a brand new year positively.
QUOTE FROM 2009 POST
Its time to set out what we want to achieve in 2009 so that we have a direction to work on for the next 365 days.
How to be a better person ?
In random order.
1) Family:
Do more household chores.
(My mum insisted that i should include this in, cos she said if i've gotten married, no one will help her anymore.)
I have been rather selfish in the past as i've always thought about me, myself and I. That explains why i cant be bothered with household chores. So by the end of 2009, I hope I can give myself a big pat on my shoulder.
Seriously, i did lesser... The least amount of household chores for the past 5 years? No excuses i know so i will try harder in 2010.
2) Career:
To sustain my passion for education. Aim to get at least an A(A- not counted) as well as being able to do well in my practicum.
I am still very much into what i am doing now. And... i did get an A although my math is still an A-. Appreciate my RO for giving me chances. Appreciate my colleagues for looking after me. Appreciate my pupils for giving me a big heart into education.
3) Character Development:
Glad to know that i am rather efficient and effective and manage to learn to self control in 2008, i hope to sustain that and on top of it, i hope i can be more creative and decisive in 2009. Try not to be a rigid perfectionist.Learn how to set free and see from a wider point of view.
Hmmmmm, looking back at the emotional rollercoaster, i dont think i have accomplished in setting myself free and i am still pretty much a perfectionist in my ways.
4)Social development:
Continue to sustain good relationships with everyone in my life. Be more open and outgoing ... Try to know MORE friends too !
At least lesser A380 and lesser missed calls and i've been rather spontaneous. My colleagues are my new friends. =)
5)Health:
More exercises and less suppers. Fewer spine relapses. Avoid late nights.
I would say this is the most accomplished thing i've done for the whole year. I practically stop suppering, ate lesser for dinner and i've been swimming and running for the 2nd half of the year. As for late nights wise, as long as it is not affecting me mentally and physically, its still ok. I know when not to stay up late. =)
6) Mental and soul enrichment:
Learn more new things. Learn more through my 5 senses. Do more reflections. Read more. (Unfortunately i didnt get to read alot in 2008, probably only finish 4 books at most? for the entire year. Embarrassed. )
Most importantly, travel and learn from the travelling.
Guilty. I think i read lesser. I think i do lesser reflections too. Starts to wonder if i've learnt anything new this year =X Guilty guilty. I travel and i do learn from travelling.
7) Open Heart:
Do more voluntary work. Spread love around. Think more of others before self. Be contented with what i have and work towards in helping those who arent so fortunate.
Ugh. I think erm erm...
8)Relationship:
A nice time to get a partner.
It came and it left and its gone.
9)Fulfill what i failed to achieve in 2008.
Happy New Year to all !
=====================
Overall i think my 2009 is a smooth-sailing one. I had a nice 2009 although i realised that i've not been "improving" on the personal scale. I think every year we go through different things and all the processes make us a better person on the whole =) Lets look forward to another year of challenges ahead!
=====================
As usual my new year resolution is ... TO BE A BETTER PERSON.
-->I think as i worked longer, my expenditure becomes higher. I need to watch out my finances carefully.
-->I need to fall in love with Science because i will need to be a master in that area, esp P5 Science. I know, i can do it because i am stubborn.
-->Health status. I've done well in 2009. After getting myself finally to watch my diet and to move my butt, i shall aim higher. Many years being BIG enough. I've finally made up my mind that i want to strive being not that BIG anymore. Wish me luck.
-->Brush up my photography skills. I'm really falling in love with this hobby but taking good photographs requires some technical understanding, i shall strive to master something, at least so as to progress with something.
-->Know new, interesting and enlightening friends. As people grew older, we make lesser friends. I want to break that.
-->Travel is a must and it has to be enriching.
-->Try not to be OVERLY emotional. Little things will easily affect me. This is no good. My heart is too soft towards young and old.
-->Be there. A good family member,a good friend, a good colleague and a good teacher.
-->Always be contented and not to compare because we cant find total fairness, neither can we find 2 identical person, not even clones.
-->Contribute to the community. Sounds big but every small things that we do, even if we dont see the immediate impact, it can serve the community well.
No comments:
Post a Comment