Saturday, February 27, 2010

their words

I've made my pupils do reflections on their CA1. Mixed feelings after i've read them. I feel good when my efforts are appreciated. Their words are really my motivation that bring smiles to me. My class did not do well in their CA but i feel that attitude is important. I think they have chosen the right attitude. Now, its really my turn to see how i can ride on their optimism and to work hard together to help everyone. However, there are some people who are highly demoralised by their own results and i see a need to talk to this group of pupils to ensure that they do not give themselves up so easily.

This is why i really like teaching and i mean only teaching.

===========================================

These few weeks i've been sleeping late. 1 am, 2 am, 3am and even stayed up till 4am on Thursday. Yesterday my brother commented that he cannot understand why i had to stay up till so late. I told him simply because i really do not have the time to finish whatever i need to finish. Still, he did not seem to understand why. He kept on asking me what do i do after lessons from 2-6pm. Staying late in school and yet i still have to bring stuffs home to do. His understanding was, a teacher plans, a teacher teaches and a teacher marks. I cant really explain our workload because it really encompass alot of other stuffs. I guess only fellow teachers will be able to understand what i meant by i really have no time. Term 1 is no joke for me, term 2 might just get worse off. I appreciate the projects that i'm involved in, its a challenge to me to be able to juggle well but deep down, i really really really want myself to be doing more of teaching and coaching of my pupils. I wonder how can i squeeze in the time to amidst those stuffs.
==========================================

Term 1 coming to an end. Cheers.

No comments: