Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Enjoying Life

Yesterday i had Nasi Padang @ Arab Street before slacking some time over at our favourite spot. Was online until Boon's lappy died on him and viola! he did not bring his charger along, altho he brought a big bag. Wanted to watch a movie but the review of "the day earth stood still" was pretty negative. Looking at the time, we would have to wait for some time before the next movie slot. Dumped that idea and we realised that we found ourselves lazing at 5th Emerald Hill, till dinner time. Had authentic Jap food at a random shop. Shocked that he made that suggestion. The immediate reaction was :"How you know i wanted Jap. You could read my mind." The reply was :"Intuition" ... " I read your thoughts, not mind."
It kept me thinking for a while, with regards to such replies.

We had 2 choices, to take photos of christmas lightings or to watch movies. I made the decision by choosing the former. Oh but before that we went to Kino, it sets me pondering why the long queues for cashier. Cheerios to fellow readers out there. I love to read too, erm... but not during such festive mood whereby i'm more inclined to do some shopping with all the sales around. I was browsing around while he was focussed reading his stuffs. Hur...that place was quite big and so he attempted to call me but to no avail (my phone was and still is not in good condition.) But anyway he found me through his self-proclaimed intuition. That relates me back to SweeShoon a couple of years ago when he's always trying to read people's thoughts. It started me thinking about the whole topic of "intuition" after that. <---This shows that i do have alot of time and space to ponder of such invisible stuffs.

In the end, i was rather tired that i wasnt in the mood of taking out my camera for shots. I slept at 4am the night before, and i can sense that Boon was pretty tired too cos he slept at 3am the previous night. We just sat by the streets, looking at the people that walked past. Checked on my phone, it was really not working. I bang-ed it hard before it was tamed.

Anyway, you wouldnt believe how long it took us to wait for a cab at a taxi stand, seeing empty cabs whizz past us. THESE inconsiderate cabs were waiting for impatient passengers to call them. How do i know that they were all harbouring that thought? Cos i withnessed it. One cabby uncle who was at the taxi stand, about to ferry a family of four, suddenly saw an on-call notice, and immediately decline the very family and put "on-call". What a way to earn extra bucks. Clever? Boohoo.

I persisted and refuse to give in to their greedy minds. I finally got on my cab at 10 plus, after waiting for the longest time.

No comments: